Brudis & Associates, Inc. (BAI) provided construction project management services for four (4) locations:
- Esperanza Middle School
- Green Holly Elementary School
- Pegg Road
- Spring Ridge Middle School
The scope of services included:
- Attendance of pre-construction meeting and subsequent meetings with County/State agencies (Soil Conservation District, MDE) as necessary to ensure project compliance with agency requirements/permits.
- Provide oversight and inspect site work as necessary to ensure Contractor compliance with the construction contract documents and all project permits.
- Ensure that all materials testing and reporting is performed in accordance with the contract documents and the SHA Standard Specifications for Construction and Materials.
- Maintain communication/coordination with the Contracting Officer’s Representative and conduct bi-weekly progress meetings.
- Prepare inspection daily reports (IDRs) and reconcile material quantities installed daily with Contractor’s superintendent.
- Coordinate County approval of project materials prior to use for the project.
- Maintain all project files/records and prepare Sketchbook per SHA requirements for the County’s records.
- Review and recommend approval of Contractor requests for payment.
- Ensure as-built drawings are prepared and maintained by the Contractor and accurately reflect all work performed.
- Ensure construction stays on schedule by identifying Contractor performance issues that will impact the schedule and report the issues accordingly.
The Project consists of the following major work items:
- Stormwater management pond retro-fit construction within or near existing facilities including clearing and grubbing, grading, construction of temporary access ways, construction of stormwater treatment and conveyance systems, and installation of landscaping materials.
- Modification and/or removal and replacement of existing site features including storm drains and inflow protection, riser structures, embankments, outfall structures, outlet protection, fencing, site access ways, and pavement.
- Installation of manufactured hydrodynamic structures.
- Restoration of disturbed areas, including temporary access ways.